Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Summer: The Early Stages



The above picture is from my sister's wedding. Yes, this is the wedding I had been dreading since winter...yes, I did survive...Okay, it wasn't as horrible as I made it out to be in my head. I suppose the whole thing stems from experiences with my sister during times of stress, and experiences with weddings. No, I haven't been in a wedding before this, but I had been to so FREAKING many of them. The actual wedding isn't what bothers me, it is the reception. Everyone is dancing around having a grand time when they decide to play a slow song that makes all of the single people in the room feel like shit... Sure, this isn't the intent, but that's how I feel about the whole thing. Luckily I had some people to goof off with and my friend texted me to check up on how I was feeling. And that really helped me.

Another thing I have been doing this summer is pretending to be five. My cousin, Rick, and I had decided that life had been far too stressful this year and the only way to fix that was to go back to a time when we were blissfully unaware of drama. And let me tell you, eating popsicles and playing four square are good ways to avoid drama. I was over there today and we played Legos for a very long time. It was really epic. I also got a skateboard on Sunday and I am very anxious about continuing to learn how to ride it. :)

One last thing before I go, this summer I am reading memoirs. The one I am currently reading is called "The Possibility of Everything" by Hope Edelman. It is about a writer who is struggling to find something to believe in during her young daughter's illness. It is really good so far and I look forward to reading the rest of it. I have not read many memoirs in my life, so I'm hoping to get a few good ones in this summer. Who knows, I might even write a memoir someday. ;)

1 comment: