Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Self-Discovery, Word by Word: Enough


Yesterday, my amazing cousin of awesomesauce, MMax, kicked off a blogging carnival where the participants have to center their posts around the word "enough". This is a very easy word for me to talk about because, as it is mentioned here , I have a tattoo that uses that word in a way in which I, and my grandma before me, believe it to hold the most power.

That is when talking about giving ENOUGH to God.

Now sure, she didn't have it tattooed, but she said the words "Let it be enough," every night before she fell asleep to make sure God knew that everything she had done that day was for Him and she hoped that it was enough.

With her words printed on my shoulder, I too am trying to show God that I want, not only everything I do, but everything I am to be enough. And believe it or not, I find myself being a better person when I think about who I am being a symbol of what I want to be for God.

So there you have it. If you want to participate in this blogging carnival, please click the link above.

2 comments:

  1. Are you sure that tattoo is real? I think it might be a temporary one. I'm not sure, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christopher, that picture was taken approximately three months before you first saw the tattoo. Yes, it is real...probably.

    ReplyDelete