Monday, February 20, 2012

Mapcrunch: The Devil's Game


Recently a lot of my friends, myself included, have fallen into a time hole known to the internet as mapcrunch . This website displays random Google maps and someone has created a game for it. You have to hide the location, select all of the areas, and hit "Go". You will be dropped in a random location and the goal is to find an airport so you can get yourself home. Realistic, right? Only if realistically you'd put yourself in the position where you'd wake up in an unfamiliar area.

But the game is so addicting! I have found myself searching hours on end for an airport in such locations as Monmouthshire and...Wyoming. The picture I have posted was from Wyoming and after an hour on that road, which leads absolutely nowhere, as far as I'm concerned, I realized that I was never going to reach an airport in Cokesville.

I thought I might get that out there, because I feel that DramaDaddy might find the game amusing if not the most frustrating thing he's ever done that he really doesn't have to do. :P

Go crunch those maps!

2 comments:

  1. At least you were in the United States. I got dropped in Sweden. I lasted about 20 minutes, then beamed back up to the Enterprise.

    I'm not nearly bored enough to play this game.

    =8-{P>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Additionally, it's good to know you count yourself among your friends. My analyst tells me that sort of thing is important. :-P

    ReplyDelete