Saturday, April 28, 2012

On the Subject of my Couswin Leaving Soon

Ever since my amazing cousin, Mary, whom I have raved about here before, informed me of her soon to come move to Virginia I have had very mixed feelings. First and foremost, I am so freaking happy for her and Melissa because this will be a super and amazing experience for the both of them and it is my personal belief that no one deserves these awesome things more than Mary. How can I describe the awesome relationship I have with her without first mentioning how we started to begin our closeness. I can pinpoint it to a status update on Facebook my junior year of high school, yes technology for the win. The movie Juno had come out on DVD recently and I put Kimya Dawson lyrics in my status. This of course, was followed by the two of us going through more lyrics back and forth until we just decided that Kimya was extremely amazing. After this we communicated mostly through Facebook and Twitter and began to plot that day when we would have our super hang-out time. And, let me tell you, when we get together there is usually so much to say and not quite enough time to say it. We have cursed highways, praised books, and waxed nostalgic the way only Nerdfighters can, by imagining the future. And as I have grown to know her more and more through all of this time, I have begun to think of her not only as a cousin, but as a big sister. She gives me advice, she cheers me up when I'm sad, and most importantly she nerds out with me about everything we can possibly think of. And this leads me to the other emotion that has been fighting the happiness I have for her: I am going to miss her so freaking much. True, we don't get to see each other nearly as much as we'd like, but it had always been so comforting to know she wasn't really that far away at all. But as I think of this I am secretly planning all of these trips I am going to make to see her, because seriously, you are NOT going to keep me from my couswin. So take very good care of her, Virginia, or I will personally come and attack you as a state. That's right, I will look up (research=nerd) every insult I can about the state of Virginia and begin to shout them as I cross the state line. So look out for that. Mary, I love you so much and I wouldn't trade any of the time spent seeing you and talking with you for the world. Congratulations on your new adventure, and I will see you soon.

1 comment:

  1. Don't think of it as her leaving...think of it as your forces conquering new territory.

    ;-)

    dd

    ReplyDelete