Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Wonderful Nights in the Summer

Right now it is just after two in the morning and I am sort of tired, but I don't think I could sleep. Today has been one of the most amazing days of the summer and I really want to document it. I mean, it started off not too fun because I had to call and get some more pain medication, which the doctor filling in for mine this week has changed to a non-narcotic because he doesn't want to prescribe narcotics. It sort of helps, but only if I take two...which I shouldn't be doing, but how else am I supposed to get rid of the pain. A downside of all pain meds is that it makes my appetite vanish and on a number of occasions, makes me sick to my stomach. It is also looking more and more like I'm going to have another laperoscopy this summer and I feel really bad about it because it cost a lot of money. But enough of the bad, there was plenty about today that was fan-fucking-tastic. First: My brother, Matt, and I went out to lunch with the amazing DramaDaddy. We went to Bob Evans where we ate awesome food and had really weird conversations that ended in loads of laughter. I love spending time with my dad because he is awesome and I can remember those times when we didn't get to see each other very often at all. There is not a day that goes by that I am not grateful that I made the initiative to see him more and that he is such a great and wonderful presence in my life. I love you, daddy! Second: I went outside and used my skateboard for the first time this year. My friend Mary gave me the skateboard last summer despite how many people were terrified about me having it. But with all of the difficulty I had last summer I never really got the chance to use it. I worked on my balance today and rode back and forth on the driveway. I didn't fall off, but I twisted my toe really weird getting on and it kind of hurts, but not as bad as it did earlier. Third: One of my best friends, Aaztli, and one of my favorite cousins, Daniel, came over tonight and stayed until almost midnight. They are both amazing and hilarious people and I really love the group dynamic when they are over. We played Mario Party 8, got pizza, and played Wii bowling, all the while talking, laughing, and sometimes being really competitive. Daniel even helped me make my YouTube video today and it turned out really well. I really love days like this, where things are going on, but it is still relaxing and loads of fun. I am truly blessed to have the friends and family I have and I wouldn't trade them for anything. Rose is hanging out with me tomorrow and I might even see my friend, Michael. I haven't seen him in over a year and I really hope we have a chance to talk and catch up. He's definitely my longest lasting friendship and I think it may be possible that we get back together. I mean, I'm not planning it, but he's always been really nice and if it comes up, I would not hesitate on saying yes. We went out briefly and I broke up with him hastily because I was afraid he'd hurt me, but now I realize that he'd never do that because he is this really amazing and nice guy...but if it doesn't happen I won't be upset either. Well, that's it for tonight.

1 comment: