Sunday, November 18, 2012

Wow...just WOW!

This past month has been amazing. It has been exactly one month since my surgery and on that day I also started talking to my boyfriend, Anthony. Since the first day I talked to him he has been nothing but sweet, kind, and goofy. And I love getting to know him and being able to open up to him. That is why today's talks with my family have left me a bit outraged. Anthony is an Atheist, I have known this the whole time, and we have talked in length about our own beliefs both of us respecting the other and not trying to press our own beliefs onto the other. So, Uncle Dave, I don't want to hear shit from you about how he doesn't respect me, about my "soul being in danger" because I have compromised absolutely nothing. And you have no right to judge my boyfriend based on your own fucking ideas of who he might be because you don't know him, you've never met him. And Mom, I don't care what you say about him "wanting what's best for me" because he doesn't really know me that well. And I'm sorry that not going to church every week makes me seem like a bad person to you, but it's my choice to make. Also, it is not "easier" to not stick with the institutionalized Catholic church, especially in our family. Mom, it's easier to stay with something you've known forever than to question it. And I don't see sticking with the church as better than figuring out what I believe and sticking up for those whose rights are ignored based on who they are attracted to. Love is love and if the church can't see that, they aren't as good about loving and accepting as they say they are. So there you have it, I believe in God, not in the church, and my boyfriend isn't a horrible person just because he doesn't believe in God. Don't judge him before you get to know him, and he respects me more than some of my family, so don't give me that shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment