Sunday, January 23, 2011

Old Friends

I have some friends that I haven't seen in around six or so years and sometimes I get this pull at my heart when I see their Facebook updates. Such as today. They are going to visit their grandpa in the hospital and they know he's not going to make it much longer. I wish so hard that I could be with them during this tough time because I have been there with them through other tough times. I remember when that same grandpa had a heart attack probably ten years ago and I remember letting Mandy cry on my shoulder. She was always there for me when I needed her and now we've been apart so long it seems almost like another lifetime.
My prayers are with them and I'm sending all of my love, but sometimes I wish I could do more.
Just like I wish I could do more for Sofia. I was informed earlier this morning that something is going on with her treatment fund and she might be leaving earlier than she needs. I don't have all the information yet, but from what I've heard, there will probably be more fund-raising needed. So keep looking here for more information because I would put it here first!
Keep praying for everyone mentioned above. And old friends of yours too.

2 comments: