Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Good thing I don't Want to be a Physicist

Today I had a Physics test. I thought the professor would postpone it, seeing as it was supposed to be this past Thursday. But she reviewed for a little bit and then handed out the test. Needless to say, my mind went completely blank, just as it always does when I am taking a test. I left the classroom feeling like I'd bombed the whole thing, but as I trekked across campus I figured it really wasn't that big of a deal.

I wasn't made to be a physicist, that's just not how my mind works. As I'm sitting on my bed, waiting for my friends to come over to watch Glee I'm reminded that I am not a science-based thinker. And before you start thinking about the fact I'm going to be watching Glee, let me just tell you that I am not a fan...nor am I a hater. I am very indifferent to the show that people claim "you either love it or you hate it". Let me tell you why: I am able to see all of the reasons why people love the show, but I can also see why people hate the show. Sure, the music is pretty good and some of the plot is interesting, and sure the acting sucks and it doesn't really have a huge meaning behind it, but I couldn't really be on one side to save my life. There's too much of my mind looking at the background perspective of each side! That is how my mind works! I am really interested in finding out the why behind people's actions, not the how or the what. I like background information that can lead me to know why they did something. That is why I can never focus on things such as math or science. It is too cut and dry! I hate when things have a definitive answer because I like thinking about other ways things could turn out.

This is why it is a very good thing that I don't want to be a physicist or a mathematician.

3 comments:

  1. I'm not a physicist. I'm a musician. But theoretical physics? You could totally do that! There are no answers! Just questions! You get to make up the answers! Sometimes multiple ones! You would probably love that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! That is AMAZING! I may just have to look into that...except, not really. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The trick is to convince people you don't have the answers because they're asking the wrong questions. (I know, it doesn't work for me either, but that's what happens when I can't get an answer ;-P)

    EP

    ReplyDelete