Monday, February 28, 2011

British Period Films


This past weekend I discovered something about myself that I would like to discuss here and now.

I LOVE BRITISH PERIOD MOVIES (Jane Austen films, Bright Star, and the like). I don't know if it's because of the wonderful authors and books for which they are based, or if it's the clothing and style of that day and age, but these movies just make me so happy.

I've started wearing makeup in their style and buying patterned clothing like they would wear, and I'm just so happy about it. I don't know why this seems like such a big thing to me, but I wanted to share it with all of you.

Maybe it's because I've written poetry recently, or maybe it's the lovely weather outside that is making me act so strange. Nonetheless, I really enjoy it! I may go outside and read some more today because the atmosphere is just wonderful.

It also helps that my roommate and I were out apartment hunting yesterday and we saw these really awesome places with courtyards and they were so very lovely. There are no words to describe how much I freaked out with excitement at the sight of them.

1 comment:

  1. Love it when a writer says to me "there are no words to describe...".

    :-P

    EP.

    ReplyDelete