Sunday, February 20, 2011

My Weekend

It is Sunday and many of my friends won't be back on campus until tomorrow. They left on Friday and I stayed. In many ways this weekend has been extremely boring. In many other ways, this weekend has been very wonderful.

I got to sit outside and read/write. We've been having great weather and I've tried to make the most of it. I wrote something about how it would be great to be five again, in the sense that we were so brave and so much ourselves when we were five years old.

I watched my favorite movie, White Oleander as I continue to read the book on which it is based. I don't know why I love it so much, if it is the artist background the main characters have or if it is the thought that someone can feel safest when they were with the most dangerous person they'd ever known.

I think most of what I liked about being alone for most of the weekend is the fact that I got to just spend time doing what I liked. I like thinking I am getting to know myself in the time I am not surrounded by other people and their opinions.

Although I like being alone at times, I kind of get sick of being by myself. Hopefully my roommate will get back tonight instead of tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment