Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Friends are the Best

Have you guys searched for your inner confidence? Have you stuck up for yourself today like we talked about? I did...well sort of. Last night I talked to my friend and asked her how much she liked my other friend. She wouldn't answer until I told her why I'd asked, which as you all know is because I like him as well. And she does like him. A lot. So I decided to back off.

But she wasn't angry that I liked him at all. In fact, she asked me if I was ok with the fact that she was going to date him. I told her that it was absolutely fine with me, which is true...or it will be eventually. As I said last night, if they're happy, I have no right to keep them from each other.

It always touches me when I realize how much my friends really care. Sure, there are some people that I won't talk to much ever again, but there are those amazing and special few that I know will always be with me. They say all the right things and they sometimes say something beyond what you ever expected that will always stay with you.

I hope each and every one of you has at least one friend like that. Someone that would put his/her own happiness aside if it meant hurting you.

Needless to say, I made a playlist of songs that are kind of sad, but some of them are filled with immense hope and passion. I listened to it all last night and all today.

Until tomorrow, or whenever I post next.

1 comment:

  1. Be careful here, especially if they ever stop dating and the guy expresses interest in you.

    As the obscure (I mean REALLY obscure)rockers 'JF Murphy and The Free-Flowing Salt' said:
    "...friendship is the only beast that’s never known to bite until it’s dead."

    EP.

    ReplyDelete