Tuesday, July 27, 2010

My Inner Eva

I bet all of you were under the impression that you were going to get an entry every day last week...and I know that's because I told you it would happen. I'm sorry, but I didn't even get online Saturday through Tuesday and by then I was too involved with family time that I could never stay away long enough to write an entry.

I also know that most of my blogs lately haven't had a theme to them other than my daily life, and I really don't want that to be my sole reason of having a blog. Sure I want to rant and rave about myself, but I also want to try and have meaning in these paragraphs.

As some of you might know, I am not very good at confronting other people. This was proven a few weeks ago when one of my friends started yelling at me in her car and I just sat there and didn't say anything. Then it was proven again when the same friend texted me wanting to hang out and I accepted even though she'd done me wrong. I know she'd hurt me, and she acts like nothing happened, but do I tell her that I'm still angry? No, I act as though nothing has happened as well. I suppose I'm not very good at sticking up for myself.

But I really want to change that. I think there might be a way to do that, but it's not going to be easy. It involves telling someone that I possibly like him again and asking my friend if she really likes him. I would never do anything if I knew she really liked him though because I'm really good friends with the both of them and if they make each other happy, who am I to get into the middle of it. It actually feels really good to get this off of my chest. Sorry if today was all about me, but maybe you all learned to stick up for yourselves as well.

Special Thanks To: Kate Brian, author of The V Club. Without rereading this book I wouldn't have remembered my inner Eva. All she needed was to stick up for herself, and so do I.

1 comment:

  1. If you ARE still angry, then mention it the next time she says something hurtful.

    If you're NOT still angry, then maybe you've just FORGIVEN her and shouldn't fret over it.

    ReplyDelete