Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Bananagrams at Nine

I had been bored for the majority of the day because I have been without a car. I had retired to my room at around eight when my mom had refused to take me to the library. I was sitting in my room typing when I got a phone call. It was my friend Emily and she asked me who all was home and I told her everyone but my sister. She quickly got off the phone and I was left to think she was blowing me off. A few minutes later my door opens and she's standing there saying that she and my sister's boyfriend had brought some ice cream. I was completely shocked.

After we'd finished our frozen treats we decided to play a game called Bananagrams. If you noticed, the word ANAGRAM is placed within the name. You are given an allotted number of letters and build words from those letters. We played about five games and each of them took about ten to fifteen minutes. I got to apply my love of words into this game and I also got to spend time with my friends and family. It made me really think about what life was really all about.

Sure, I broke my writer's block today and typed about three pages, but I also got to do something I won't always be able to do in college. I thought being stuck at home would be completely and utterly unbearable. But it turns out that everything can be solved with family and friends.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! It's called 'quality time' for a good reason, and you perfectly grasp the concept.

    Whoever thought ice cream could be warm and fuzzy, lol?

    (I'm also glad you found another game you like, because you're not getting near ZooZoo Club EVER AGAIN, ;-)

    ReplyDelete