Monday, August 2, 2010

Random Monday Morning

So last night was the Senior Dinner for my youth group and it made me very sad to think about not seeing these same people almost every Sunday. They're like an extension of my family and leaving them behind is going to be just as hard as leaving my family behind. I learned so much about others and myself during my four years there and I will never forget all the memories I made with them.

Two of my siblings celebrated birthdays in the three days that I haven't posted and I want to give a shout out to them. (I suppose I give a lot of shout outs now.)

Cecilia: My beautiful sister, I hope that sixteen treats you better than it treated me. I hope it is a year that you remember for the good times you had and the great company you kept. Keep on singing and being the most awesome little sister I know.

Matt: You are now seventeen and as such I expect a great deal of things from you. Not really. I encourage you to enjoy your last year as a child as you go through senior year.

Today my friend Mary is coming over and I am very thrilled to see her because this may very well be the last time I see her before I leave for school. I bought popsicles specifically for this situation and I can't wait to talk with her and generally goof around. We are the kind of people that can make anything fun, even math which we had together for two years. We also befriended a piece of wood named Jameison. Speaking of which, I should have him ready for her arrival.

1 comment:

  1. "Another turning point;
    a fork stuck in the road.

    Time grabs you by the wrist;
    directs you where to go.

    So make the best of this test
    and don't ask why.

    It's not a question
    but a lesson learned in time.

    It's something unpredictable
    but in the end it's right.
    I hope you had the time of your life..."

    Just remember, my Hallie, as much as we cherish our memories, we don't drive worth a damn if we're always looking in the rearview mirror.

    You will love and grow at college, and it will be worth all the separation anxiety.

    I promise. EP.

    ReplyDelete