Wednesday, August 18, 2010

So Happy

Do you guys want to hear something really cool? I'm really happy right now! What? That doesn't qualify as something really cool? What a bummer... not really though, because I am actually really happy.

This morning I woke up to an empty house and took the liberty of taking a long shower. After this I did the few chores my mom left for me and turned on some music. I was expecting the day to be long and quiet and despite how mad I wanted to be about being stuck at home (car is STILL being fixed) all day, I couldn't. I was just happy. Then my friend told me that he was going to be able to come over and I spent the time it took for him to get here dancing. We talked until he had to go to work.

He dropped me off at the Shell up the street from my house and I bought Red Bull that I drank on the way home. As I was walking I realized why I might be so happy. I finished rereading Sarah Dessen's novel, Keeping the Moon and as the main character realized the point of the story, I did as well.

Sometimes in order for you and other people to have confidence in you, you have to fake it. You have to act like you believe in yourself and soon others will believe in you. All you have to say is, "I'm confident in myself" and keep it with you. So I know now that I can be confident if I want to be.

1 comment:

  1. I'm confident of your self-confidence.

    P.S. I'm happy too, because now we have INTERNET at the APARTMENT.

    ReplyDelete