Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Complete Persepolis and Lifeteen

Tuesday, Tuesday, Tuesday...what do I write about on a Tuesday?

I just finished reading a graphic novel called "The Complete Persepolis" by Marjane Satrapi. It was a very interesting book about a girl growing up in revolutionary Iran and how this affected her life, views, and relationships. I usually don't read books that are so educational and non-fiction, but this one was really good.

My friend Aaztli had lent it to me when I lent her Will Grayson, Will Grayson so I thought I might as well take a look, and I was not disappointed. Marjane is a very interesting person and if anyone has a chance to check this book out, I highly recommend it.

This past weekend I helped give my last Luke 18 retreat with my youthgroup and I had a blast! Adoration on Saturday was amazing as always and I let the fact that this was my last retreat totally overwhelm me and let me have the best time I could possibly have. It's always nice to be surrounded by so many people who love and support you in your faith, especially when you have to give a talk as difficult as mine was for me. I gave the "hurting and making up" talk, and this is not always easy for people to do. I was so nervous, especially since I don't like speaking in front of people to begin with. Luckily I had friends to support me and pray for me, and I got through it without a hitch.

I really will miss Lifeteen next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment