Thursday, April 29, 2010

Spins Madly On

Here we are on a lovely Thursday afternoon, and I'm realizing I haven't blogged in almost a week...for shame! I suppose I could say that I've been too busy hanging out with people, that I've been reading and writing a bunch, that I've immersed myself in some new music; and while that all may be true, the fact of the matter is that I really haven't had anything blog worthy go on in my life.

Right now I'm listening to "World Spins Madly On" by The Weepies and I'm thinking about how true this song is. If you've never heard it, you should listen to it. It's about how no matter how still you stand, the world is still moving. No matter how much you might want everything to just stop and stay the way it is, that's not the way life works.

My last full week of school is next week, and that scares the hell out of me. I have summer ahead, but beyond that is my entrance to that big world out there. AH! I really don't know how this all will turn out, but I'm writing every night and hoping that this will be enough.

Tomorrow is the scheduled "senior skip day" so people can get ready for prom tomorrow night. For those of us lucky enough not to be going it means we can relax all day. Or that's what it SHOULD mean. I will be working starting at ten and then I have to pick up siblings from school at noon. Oh well, Cecilia and I will get some Taco Bell and then go over to my older sister, Suzanne's house. That should be fun.

I guess this is adequate in length...now I have to find something to do. I'm so bored! Three day weekend, nothing to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment