Monday, April 12, 2010

Prepare Yourselves!

Hey, y'all! I have a really bad cough thing, so I'm going to make this post a little short, I think.

Here's the thing, GRADUATION. That's right, it's coming, looming in the near future and we can't hide from it. I've been thinking about this today because I had my "exit interview" with the principal of my school. This basically means that he asked about teachers I liked or didn't like. He also asked if I was prepared for college. That's when I kind of freaked out in my own head.

Prepare for college! Ah! It sounds like I'm going off to battle, and that's something I really don't want to do. This is when my mind goes off into little tangents. I think of a lot of different things when I think about going off to college.

1.) Independence- I know we always think that things will be so much easier when we get to make our own decisions...but do we really want to make our own decisions? I mean, my mom even told me the other day that I have to make my own choices. I like to go with the flow, I thought I wasn't being picky, but no, I hate making choices.
2.) Distance- As I have said before, I will be the farthest I've ever been away from my family and this scares me. My older brother is moving back into town, and I will be the only one gone. I'm so used to having family everywhere that next year will be very hard to get used to.
3.) The Future- I really have to buckle down on my writing now if I want to have a novel published by the time I graduate college. I need to know my process and be able to devote a lot of time to typing and looking over the things I have. I also need to finish more stories than I start.

Saying this, I will be leaving you to type now...I need to have this done! Oh why can't I get all my ideas on paper and edited immediately?

No comments:

Post a Comment