Monday, March 15, 2010

First One Up Sees the Sunrise

My day started promptly at 7:56...well to be fair I fell asleep at around three and woke up at 7:56 on my own accord. You may ask, when my alarm was supposed to go off? At eight, yes, I had deprived myself of four beautiful minutes of sleep. Instead I got up and showered and left early for my doctor's appointment. After said appointment I came home, the time was 9:40, the entire house was still asleep! To be fair my mother was at work, so she was awake. I had the day off of school, and I should have been doing what everyone else in the house, who had gone to the same party the night before, but I was wide awake. How many times does this happen to you? Not the appointment thing, but being the only one in the entire house that's awake.

This isn't the first time this has happened to me, and I know it won't be the last. Sometimes, like this morning, I hate being the only one up because I want to talk, to have someone else there to just commiserate with. Other days; however, I love being awake when others are sleeping. I don't know what it is, but it gives me this almost accomplished feeling, as if I don't need as much sleep as they do. The early early mornings are the best though, because the sun's up and everything just seems...new. I guess this is the writer in me popping out, I just feel so inspired thinking of all the great thoughts others have had and expressed about the simple, yet complicated thing that is a sunrise.

I guess that's about it for today, cross your fingers, readers. I need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment