Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Zombie Road

This is an all time first for this blog, I did some research. That's right, research. Many of you readers are from the same area as I am, and might be familiar with the location for which this post is titled, Zombie Road. Some of you more familiar than others. (You know who you are.)

Today at lunch, a few of my friends were recounting a tale in which they took a trip down to Zombie Road this past weekend, and were caught there by the police. Coincidentally, I had told them of someone I knew who had gone there and also been caught by the police, and therefore told them it was a bad idea. They chose not to listen to me, and were lucky enough to only get slammed with a fine instead of getting brought into police custody.

Now, some people may say that Zombie Road isn't haunted, and it's just a myth, but from my research I have found that people who have visited the area twice have said that the sight is never the same and no matter how far down you drive, the inescapable feeling of claustrophobia follows you the whole way down. It is said that a girl died on a set of train tracks down there, but my friends tell me this isn't a likely story since the tracks appeared to be very small. It is also said that this was also the sight of an ancient Indian burial ground. I won't judge either way, I haven't seen it, but there's one thing I know for sure: go down there and the police will catch you.

There are signs all over the place telling you not to trespass, and the police even told my friends that they have sensors down there. So if you want to see Zombie Road and have the money to pay for the fine, be my guest and go down there, but remember, with every thrill comes the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment