Thursday, March 11, 2010

Spring and Renew

Has anyone had the chance to look outside today? Yeah, I'm guessing you have, and if you live in the area, I'm guessing you are probably just as pleased as I am that it is so delightfully wonderful out. It seems like just last week I was sitting in class with a hoodie on and I was freezing, wait, that was last week.

Funny how the weather can change so quickly. Just like so many other things in life, like the people you knew when you were younger. I was just on Facebook and I realized that one of my friends got back from bootcamp today. He had left two days after Christmas, and came back today. I haven't seen him, in seven years, and haven't talked to him in almost seven months, but it's good to know that he's safe.

His sister and I used to be the best of friends, and when I was thinking about her the other day, I got on Facebook to message her, only to get met by an unforeseen obstacle. Her fiance replied to my message. I had forgotten that they shared a username and had never met him before. Needless to say this was one of the weirdest things I had ever encountered. I introduced myself, and told him how I knew his fiance and he told me he was glad to "meet" me. I told him the same, and we said our goodbyes. He seems like a really nice guy, and I hope to meet him in real life some day.

Things between me and the people I grew up with have changed a great deal in the past seven years, but I hope to someday re-establish these old friendships that have fallen apart. Like spring reawakens the flowers outside, so too must old friendships be given time and room to bloom anew.

No comments:

Post a Comment