Monday, March 22, 2010

Sick Days

My morning went something like this: I woke up and there was intense pain in my lower abdomen. I still planned to go to school, but I walked into the kitchen to let my mom know that I was not feeling well. She told me I was staying home. So I went back to bed.

I woke up a few hours later, the ache had not subsided, but I decided to relocate to the family room with a nice book that I was rereading for the fourth time. This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen, is one of my all time favorite novels, as she is one of my favorite authors and I found it easier to relax rereading this story than watching a movie. Then, when I had finished that novel, I had already had most of it finished, I decided to complete the footnotes in a novel I had written last year. I didn't complete this task though because halfway through I started texting my friend Sam, and we just were being ridiculous.

Mind you, this whole time I was, and still am in a bunch of pain, the source of which I am not sure yet, but I was thinking about how people spend their sick days. I spend mine curled up with a familiar story, one that I could probably tell you by heart, while some people probably watch movies or soap operas. It's just one of those things that is unique to each person depending on what comforts them.

Oh well, I have to go and see if Sam passes on this question. I could finally win Truth after a year! You never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment