Friday, March 5, 2010

March 1-4: The Playlist of th Week

I've decided that every Friday I will make my blog post a playlist of the week and describe how each song fits into the week. Music is such a big part of my life, even if I have no musical talent. My dad has instilled in me a love of music simply because music is his life. If he's not playing his guitar he's listening to music or talking about some new music he's been listening to. Music has even become part of my reading experience. One of my favorite authors explains it very well through her character Owen.
"Music is a total constant. That's why we have such a strong visceral connection to it, you know? Because a song can take you back instantly to a moment, or a place, or even a person. No matter what else has changed in your or the world, that one song says the same, just like that moment."
— Sarah Dessen (Just Listen)


Without further ado, here is the playlist of the week:
1.) The Show by Lenka- this describes my Monday. The week started off fairly well, and anything that wasn't going well I was just playing off. "Life is a maze and love is a riddle."
2.) Spinning Around the Sun by Martina Sorbara- Tuesday was fairly uneventful and I was in a fairly good mood. Things were going well and I was glad that the play was over. Things had been pretty chaotic doing props crew for the Pajama Game, but now everything looked manageable.
3.) She's Gonna Break Soon by Less than Jake- Wednesday is when things started getting pretty bad. I worked for about an hour and a half with a migraine and got paid, which wasn't so horrible, but then things got bad when a woman's worst nightmare occurred as I checked out at Walgreens. I then went to my friend Aaztli's to help her with a project. When I got home I was a complete mess. I was close to tears and my mom had no idea what was going on. I was breaking down the middle.
4.) 24 Hours by Alexz Johnson- Thursday wasn't so horrible, I picked myself up from where I was sitting in the dirt and reflected on the things I needed to work on. I realized I can't always win, and sometimes things aren't the way they seem.
5.) Santa Fe by the cast of RENT- Oh how glad I am that it's Friday! I have absolutely no plans for the weekend, and the only thing I want to do is get out of the house. I want to make plans and be crazy and just get out of this state of mind I've been in all week.

That's my playlist for the week. What's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment