Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Promicide

Prom is coming! Man the lifeboats! All I hear about anymore is how prom is fast approaching and I should be finding a dress or getting a date. This may shock some of you, but I don't want to go to prom.

No, don't go back and reread that last statement, I DO NOT WANT TO GO TO PROM.

This may seem stupid to some of you who have spent high school looking forward to the one night where you get to dance and have fun with everyone one last time before college, but this doesn't sound appealing to me in the slightest. In fact, I may go as far as to say this sounds appalling.

Sure, I have gone to dances, and I gossip, I'm not trying to say I'm above people in any way, but seriously, prom, does not a night of fun for me, make. I have experienced dance after dance where sure I may have had a bit of fun, but it never was anything more than that. It was never anything I would particularly want to remember. I would rather spend my night with a good book or some friends talking or watching a movie instead of getting into some dress I'll never wear again and dancing to music I probably won't like.

Prom may seem like a once in a lifetime opportunity to some people, but for me it just seems like an overplayed cliche from the movies. I can give you the checklist.
1. there will be girls in skimpy dresses
2. there will be drama between people who once dated/ were once good friends
3. there will be bad music
4. there will be promises that people will be friends forever
5. there will be someone/some people who show up trashed
6. there will be people who look orange due to fake tans

Does that cover it for everyone? That seems like the typical prom to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment